Yoga for Menopause Well-being
In essence, Yoga for Menopause Well-being is a unique blend of specially adapted yoga poses, breathing techniques, meditation, and yoga Nidra practices that help women manage the main signs of menopause.
Yoga for Menopause Well-being provides online and face-to-face teacher training to give you the knowledge and confidence to offer specialised classes and workshops to support women going through the different phases of menopause.
A yoga teacher who is trained in Yoga for Menopause Well-being can help women who are experiencing the common signs of the change. There are practice sequences to help relieve, manage and reduce hot flushes and night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, brain fog, stress and anxiety, irritability, and mood swings. As a woman moves through menopause, perimenopause, the menopause climax, and post-menopause, her body requires different support which is why muscle strengthening and bone density building classes are also included.
How it Started
Years ago, I remember a lovely woman coming to my yoga class and expressing her struggle with hot flushes, night sweats, fatigue, and insomnia and asking how yoga might help, I really didn’t know what to say.
It certainly piqued my interest because at the time I was in my early forties, and I knew I was on the perimenopause path. I thought back to all my training, and yes, I’m a bit of a nerd so it took a while, and I realised much to my surprise that it had never been talked about or included in any of the Yoga Teacher Training I had done.
More to the point, I was having hot flushes myself at a yoga teacher training, and when I asked for ideas or support the teacher was unable to offer anything concrete.
I started researching and using my body as a laboratory. I discovered what I had been taught would help, in fact, it didn’t, for example, forward folds were taught as cooling poses, yet for me, they made my hot flushes worse.
As I uncovered more I wanted to share what I had learned with other teachers so they could support and nourish themselves and their students through this amazing natural transformation.
Why Yoga for Menopause Well-being?
I wanted my menopause journey to be one where I took control of my destiny, my empowerment.
I wanted yoga to be at the heart of my approach.
I want to be part of the movement to break the negative narratives around menopause and aging, and replace or reframe this important siddhi with a conversation focusing on celebration, community, and connection with ourselves and each other.
More Wonderful Reasons
- Reframe menopause as an opportunity for self-insight and empowerment
- Support and offer relief for women through yoga practices, restorative yoga, pranayama, meditation, and Yoga Nidra
- Understand the role a regular yoga practice can play as part of a holistic menopause well-being plan
- Explore the connection between Ayurveda and yoga and how they complement each other
- Understand how the different styles of yoga: Hatha, Flow, Restorative, and Yin all have a part to play in supporting menopausal women
- Introduce the importance of restorative yoga as an essential practice through this transition
As a yoga teacher, the safe and supported space you create can encourage and enable frank and honest discussion around the changes happening in a woman’s body and how yoga and other natural therapies can support us.
Having the knowledge of what is on offer, including western medical support like HRT, will help each woman create her very own tailored well-being plan.
Yoga for Menopause Well-being Teacher Training
Yoga for Menopause Well-being provides face-to-face teacher training to give you the knowledge and confidence to offer specialised classes and workshops to support women going through the different stages of the journey.
Are you Ready?
You will learn how to
- Anchor your learnings within the canon of yoga philosophy, i.e. The Koshas, The Yoga Sutras, The 10 Wisdom Goddesses (Mahavidyas)
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the biological, physiological, and emotional shifts that can affect women going through the change (peri, climax, and post-menopause
- How to teach 3 sequences for the common physical and emotional signs of menopause, e.g Group 1 is for hot flushes, night sweats, hot emotions like anger, resentment and irritability, and fatigue
- Learn to teach 1 class designed to improve muscle and bone strength and be able to offer modifications for students with osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Gain the confidence to build your own Yoga For Menopause Well-being classes, workshops, and retreats using the menopause class or workshop template
- Discover that the way you teach, and the practices you choose, can ease the struggle of many women
- Learn to teach women in a way that helps them to live through the menopause transition fully aware and embodied
Every woman should do this!
Group Coaching Program
Gather in the forest and trek, dance, cook, chant, sing, scream, shake, dive and stomp!
Group Coaching Program
I wouldn’t want women to miss out and think it’s just about the menopause.
I have to say I came to the course with no preconceived ideas of what it would entail but I am learning so much on so many levels.
It really is a comprehensive program that would be beneficial for all women to follow/join to learn more about themselves in a holistic way and would be a valuable life tool.
I wouldn’t want women to miss out and think it’s just about the menopause and that they have to be in their late 40-50’s before they consider the course. I know the menopause is the main focus but it is so much more and I wouldn’t want you to sell yourself short.
Gratitude about myself is still proving a toughy but have managed to dump the ironing which is a great positive😊
Take care, Love x
Group Coaching Program
I feel reborn!
You are so authentic that anything goes. When I first met you you were so open with the struggles and challenges that you have faced in your life. You seem to embrace the whole of life, even the ugly and sad and unacceptable parts. And that makes it okay for me to look at those parts of myself with love.I love your vast depth of knowledge. The fact that you practice what you preach. Your kindness and your open heart.
I was living a dualistic life, one full of shoulds and shouldn’t. I was living a life that I felt I should be trying hard to be something that I wasn’t. A good housewife, a good wife, a good mother, a good Australian…whilst on the inside, this wild vibrant creative part of me was suppressed and wilting with lack of light. I feel stronger in myself, in body and mind. I feel I have been able to release many unhelpful behaviours and pain patterns in my body. I now understand that obstacles are actually opportunities to grow. I feel reborn.
Thank you, Margot, for being such a positive strong light in my life, and I feel lucky to have you as my teacher and my friend.
Celebration. Connection. Community.