Many of us include cooked zucchini in our diets as they are such a versatile vegetable and plentiful in summer. But did you know there are more benefits to eating your zucchini raw. If you are having to watch your weight then raw zucchini is a wonderful vegetable to include in your diet plan as it is very low in calories so you can eat lots, have a full belly and not gain weight, of course, depending on what you put with your zucchini.
Zucchinis are a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Vitamin C is important for healthy gums and skin, and a deficiency can lead to weak muscles and tiredness. Of course, you can also get lots of vitamin C from fruits and leafy greens.Vitamin A is a rich source of beta carotene which is vital for good health and improved immunity. Furthermore, raw zucchini has stacks of potassium which is essential for the general optimal functioning of your body, management of blood pressure, control of muscle movement, the health of your nerves, improves sleep, and helps mitigate the effects of hypertension. Eating raw zucchini also assists in increasing your dietary fibre which helps with bowel movements and can be particularly helpful if you suffer from constipation. Plus it is also a great way to hydrate your body as they are made up of a high percentage of water.
Simple to make and so easy!
- 1 zucchini
- capsicum – red and yellow
- mung bean sprouts
- fresh herbs – basil or coriander
- vegan cashew cheese
- Using a potato peeler, peel long strips from the zucchini.
- Season both sides of the zucchini strips with salt and pepper.
- Cut the carrot, cucumber and capsicum into match stick sized pieces.
- Spread cashew cheese across the zucchini strips.
- Arrange the carrots, cucumber, capsicum, mung bean sprouts, a small piece of lettuce and some fresh herbs then simply roll using the cashew cheese to hold the rolls together.